Friday 11 July 2014

Momentum Jump 0.2

Here is the link to the newest version of 'Momentum Jump' (working title).
I've been playing around a little bit with various types of level and improving collisions etc. The game now has some beautiful lighting and randomly generated backgrounds =O.

Much thanks to AntRazorPlay for his informative video on 2D lighting in game maker.

From this point on I think I'll stop adding mechanics etc and start focusing on level design and aesthetics. I want the game to at least be playable with minimal bugs and an end screen for Monday.

I want to focus more on the feeling of swooping around so It's quite possible the levels will be larger to allow for more fluid movement. It might be beneficial to work on some sort of zooming out feature if I were to increase the size of the levels. This way, the player will be able to actually see where they are going and make a series of interesting decisions about where to go and how to get there =P

I'd like the zooming feature to be similar to that of Tom Francis' 'Floating Point' (also made in just a week) as it feels very smooth. It also puts the intensive on speed since a larger view gives the player more information and there is the Risk/Reward of speed/danger vs information.



No comments:

Post a Comment